Deschloroclotizolam, a derivative of thienotriazolodiazepine, emerged as a designer drug, with its first detection in Sweden in 2021.
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||314.79 g·mol−1|
1. What is Deschloroclotizolam?
Deschloroclotizolam is a chemical compound belonging to the thienotriazolodiazepine class. It is used as a psychoactive substance and has gained attention as a designer drug.
2. How is Deschloroclotizolam used?
Deschloroclotizolam is typically consumed orally, often in the form of tablets or capsules. It is used recreationally for its potential sedative and anxiolytic effects.
3. Is Deschloroclotizolam legal?
The legal status of Deschloroclotizolam varies by country and jurisdiction. In many places, it falls into a legal grey area or is outright banned due to its use as a designer drug. It is essential to check the specific laws in your region regarding this compound.
4. What are the potential effects of Deschloroclotizolam?
Deschloroclotizolam is reported to have sedative, anxiolytic, and hypnotic effects. Users may experience relaxation, reduced anxiety, and a sense of calm. However, it can also lead to drowsiness, impaired coordination, and memory problems.
5. Are there any risks associated with Deschloroclotizolam use?
Yes, there are risks associated with the use of Deschloroclotizolam, including addiction potential, overdose, and potential for adverse side effects. Combining it with other substances, especially depressants like alcohol, can be extremely dangerous.
6. Is Deschloroclotizolam addictive?
Like many other benzodiazepine derivatives, Deschloroclotizolam has the potential for physical and psychological dependence if used regularly or in high doses. Abruptly stopping its use after long-term consumption can lead to withdrawal symptoms.
7. Can Deschloroclotizolam be used for medical purposes?
Deschloroclotizolam is not approved for medical use in most countries. It is primarily used recreationally and as a designer drug.
8. How can I stay safe when using Deschloroclotizolam?
If you choose to use Deschloroclotizolam, it’s essential to prioritize safety. Start with a low dose, avoid combining it with other substances, and be cautious about the frequency of use. Always be aware of the legal status in your area and consider potential health risks.
9. Is Deschloroclotizolam detectable in drug tests?
While standard drug tests typically don’t include Deschloroclotizolam, specialized tests can detect its presence. If you have concerns about drug testing, it’s best to avoid its use.
10. Can Deschloroclotizolam be purchased online?
Deschloroclotizolam is sometimes available through online marketplaces or darknet vendors. However, the legality of purchasing it online varies by location, and buying unregulated substances online carries inherent risks.
11. Is Deschloroclotizolam safe for everyone to use?
No, Deschloroclotizolam may not be safe for everyone. People with a history of substance abuse, certain medical conditions, or those taking other medications should exercise caution and consult with a healthcare professional before using it.
12. What should I do if I or someone I know is struggling with Deschloroclotizolam use?
If you or someone you know is experiencing problems related to Deschloroclotizolam use, it is essential to seek help from a healthcare professional or addiction specialist. Addiction and substance abuse can have serious consequences, and support is available.
- European Monitoring Centre for Drugs Drug Addiction (June 2022). New psychoactive substances: 25 years of early warning and response in Europe. An update from the EU Early Warning System (PDF). European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction. doi:10.2810/882318. ISBN978-92-9497-737-3.