5-MBPB, also known as 5-MPBP and 5-MABB, is an amphetamine derivative with structural similarities to MDMA. This compound has been distributed as a designer drug. It can be characterized as the benzofuran-5-yl counterpart of MBDB or the butanamine half of 5-MAPB.
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||203.28 g/mol (freebase) 239.78 g/mol (hydrochloride) g·mol−1|
1. What is 5-MBPB?
5-MBPB, also known as 5-MPBP and 5-MABB, is an amphetamine derivative with structural similarities to MDMA. It has been sold as a designer drug.
2. How is 5-MBPB related to other substances?
5-MBPB can be described as the benzofuran-5-yl analogue of MBDB or the butanamine homologue of 5-MAPB. It’s also a structural isomer of 5-EAPB and 6-EAPB.
3. When did 5-MBPB first appear as a designer drug?
Anecdotal reports suggest that 5-MBPB has been sold as a designer drug in various European countries since early 2015. However, its first definitive identification was made in December 2015 by a forensic laboratory in Slovenia.
4. Is 5-MBPB legal?
The legal status of 5-MBPB can vary by country and region. It’s essential to check the laws and regulations in your specific area to determine its legal status.
5. What are the effects of 5-MBPB?
The effects of 5-MBPB can vary widely and may include stimulant and empathogenic properties. However, due to its potential legal and safety concerns, its use is discouraged.
6. Is 5-MBPB safe to use?
The safety of 5-MBPB is not well-documented, and there may be risks associated with its use, including health and legal consequences. We strongly advise against using designer drugs like 5-MBPB due to these uncertainties.
7. Can 5-MBPB be detected in drug tests?
Depending on the specific drug test, 5-MBPB might be detectable if the test screens for amphetamine derivatives. To avoid potential legal and employment issues, it’s best to refrain from using substances with unknown or illegal status.
8. Are there any known side effects or risks associated with 5-MBPB?
Due to the limited research on 5-MBPB, its potential risks and side effects are not well-established. It’s advisable to avoid using substances with unclear safety profiles.
9. Where can I find more information about 5-MBPB?
It’s essential to rely on reputable sources for information about substances like 5-MBPB. You can consult scientific literature, government health agencies, and harm reduction organizations for more information on this and similar compounds.
10. What should I do if I suspect someone is using 5-MBPB or a similar designer drug?
If you suspect someone is using designer drugs or facing substance abuse issues, it’s essential to encourage them to seek professional help and support. Contact a healthcare provider, counselor, or addiction specialist for guidance.
- European Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drug Addiction – Europol 2015 Annual Report on the implementation of Council Decision 2005/387/JHAIn the year 2015, the European Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drug Addiction, in conjunction with Europol, published an annual report providing insights into the execution of Council Decision 2005/387/JHA.
- US Patent 7045545, Karin Briner et al, “Aminoalkylbenzofurans as Serotonin (5-HT(2c)) Agonists”, Published 2000-01-19, Issued 2006-16-03Patent number 7045545, attributed to Karin Briner and her collaborators, unveils a groundbreaking discovery in the realm of aminoalkylbenzofurans as potent serotonin (5-HT(2c)) agonists. This patent was published on the 19th of January in the year 2000 and officially granted on the 16th of March in 2006.