- 1 Summary
- 2 Legal Status
- 3 FAQ
- 3.1 1. What is 5-methoxymethylone?
- 3.2 2. How does 5-methoxymethylone differ from other cathinones or related compounds?
- 3.3 3. What is the common name for 5-methoxymethylone, and does it reflect its molecular structure?
- 3.4 4. Is the toxicity of 5-methoxymethylone well-known?
- 3.5 5. Is 5-methoxymethylone legal in all countries?
- 3.6 6. Are there known effects associated with the use of 5-methoxymethylone?
- 4 References
5-Methoxymethylone, or 2-A1MP and βk-MMDMA, is a chemical compound classified within the cathinone class. This substance has been available for purchase online as a designer drug. It represents the beta-ketone variant of 5-Methoxy-MDMA. Interestingly, the commonly used names 2-AIMP/2-A1MP do not correspond to the compound’s molecular structure. In contrast to methylone, these two compounds differ due to adding a methoxy group at the 5th carbon atom of the aromatic ring. It is important to note that the toxicity profile of this compound remains largely unknown.
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||237.255 g·mol−1|
In Hungary, 5-Methoxymethylone is categorized as an illicit substance and is listed under the name 2-A1MP as a prohibited drug.
1. What is 5-methoxymethylone?
5-Methoxymethylone, also known as 2-A1MP and βk-MMDMA, is a chemical compound in the cathinone class. It has been marketed and sold online as a designer drug.
5-Methoxymethylone is the beta-ketone version of 5-Methoxy-MDMA. It is structurally different from substances like methylone due to adding a methoxy group at the 5th carbon atom of the aromatic ring.
3. What is the common name for 5-methoxymethylone, and does it reflect its molecular structure?
The compound is often referred to as 2-A1MP or 2-AIMP, but these names do not appear to correspond directly to its molecular structure.
4. Is the toxicity of 5-methoxymethylone well-known?
No, the toxicity profile of 5-methoxymethylone remains largely unknown. Limited scientific data is available regarding its safety and potential health risks.
5. Is 5-methoxymethylone legal in all countries?
The legal status of 5-methoxymethylone varies by country. In some places, it may be classified as an illicit or controlled substance, while in others, it may not have specific legal restrictions. Awareness of local regulations and laws regarding its possession and use is crucial.
6. Are there known effects associated with the use of 5-methoxymethylone?
While limited information is available, 5-methoxymethylone is believed to have psychoactive effects. Users should exercise caution and consider potential risks when using designer drugs.
- DEA (July 21, 2015). “Controlled Substances – Alphabetical Order-” (PDF). The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) provides a list of controlled substances, including information on their classification and legal status. [Accessed on: April 17, 2016]
- CaymanChemical. “5-Methoxy-Methylone (aka 2-a1mp/2-aimp)”. Cayman Chemical offers information about 5-Methoxy-Methylone, also known as 2-a1mp/2-aimp, including its chemical properties and characteristics. [Accessed on: October 19, 2015]
- CaymanChemical. “5-Methoxy-Methylone GC/MS data” (PDF). Cayman Chemical provides Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) data related to 5-Methoxy-Methylone, offering insights into its chemical composition. [Accessed on: October 19, 2015]
- CaymanChemical. “5-Methoxy-Methylone MSDS” (PDF). This document from Cayman Chemical presents the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for 5-Methoxy-Methylone, containing safety information and guidelines for handling the substance. [Accessed on: October 19, 2015]
- A Magyarországon megjelent, a Kábítószer és Kábítószer-függőség Európai Megfigyelő Központjának Korai Jelzőrendszerébe (EMCDDA EWS) 2005 óta bejelentett ellenőrzött anyagok büntetőjogi vonatkozású besorolása: This reference refers to the legal classification of controlled substances in Hungary as reported to the Early Warning System of the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA EWS) since 2005.