4-Hydroxy-N, N-diisopropyltryptamine, commonly known as 4-HO-DiPT or Iprocin, is a synthetic psychedelic substance. It shares a structural relationship with psilocin, 4-HO-DET, and 4-HO-DPT, a higher homolog of the former and a positional isomer of the latter. Its molecular sub-structure is rooted in the tryptamine class of compounds.
|CAS Number||132328-45-1 HCl: 63065-90-7|
|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)||DTXSID50618836|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||260.381 g·mol−1|
Oral activity for 4-HO-DiPT typically begins at doses of approximately 3 milligrams and above, with effects lasting for approximately 2 to 3 hours. However, when administered at higher doses, such as those exceeding 30 milligrams, the duration of the effects can be significantly extended.
The effects of 4-HO-DiPT share broad similarities with other serotonergic psychedelics like LSD and psilocin, yet they are distinctive due to their relatively brief duration. According to Shulgin, there’s a unique combination of speed, intensity, brevity, and sensitivity to dose in 4-HO-DiPT, particularly when taken orally. A characteristic effect noted by Shulgin is the drug’s tendency to induce tremors.
Users have reported minor audio distortions at lower dosages, with higher doses intensifying these distortions. These auditory distortions manifest as slight changes in pitch and encompass various effects like pitch bending, volume alterations, and rate distortions. As is familiar with many DiPT psychedelics, music may become more dissonant and less harmonious. Additionally, users have described visual distortions akin to those experienced with the hallucinogen LSD.
|Binding Sites||Binding Affinity Ki (μM)||Action |
FT-104, a prodrug for 4-HO-DiPT, has progressed into the phase 1 clinical trials stage. These trials are double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled and are being conducted with the participation of healthy volunteers at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in Australia. These trials aim to explore its potential in treating postpartum depression and treatment-resistant depression. It is considered a potentially less neurotoxic alternative to compounds like alpha-methyltryptamine (αMT, AMT, Indopan) and alpha-ethyltryptamine (αET, AET, Monase).
Regulated by government decree, 4-HO-DiPT is banned from the consumer market.
4-HO-DiPT falls under the jurisdiction of the New Psychoactive Substances Act (NpSG) in Germany. Its use is permitted solely for industrial and scientific purposes.
The health ministry of Sweden’s parliament, Sveriges riksdag, has classified 4-HO-DiPT as a “health hazard” under the Act on the Prohibition of Certain Goods Dangerous to Health (Lagen om förbud mot vissa hälsofarliga varor). This classification came into effect on March 1, 2005, as specified in regulation SFS 2005:26. It is listed as 4-hydroxi-N, N-diisopropyltryptamin (4-HO-DIPT), rendering it illegal to sell or possess.
At the federal level in the United States, 4-HO-DiPT is not scheduled. However, it could be considered an analog of 5-MeO-DiPT. In such a case, purchase, sale, or possession could be subject to prosecution under the Federal Analog Act.
“4-Hydroxy-N, N-diisopropyltryptamine” is categorized as a Schedule I controlled substance in Florida. Consequently, buying, selling, or possessing this substance in Florida is illegal.
- What is 4-HO-DiPT?
- 4-HO-DiPT, or 4-Hydroxy-N, N-diisopropyltryptamine, or Iprocin, is a synthetic psychedelic compound with hallucinogenic properties.
- Is 4-HO-DiPT legal in Finland?
- No, 4-HO-DiPT is scheduled in Finland and banned from the consumer market per government decree.
- What is the legal status of 4-HO-DiPT in Germany?
- In Germany, 4-HO-DiPT is regulated by the New Psychoactive Substances Act (NpSG). It is allowed for use only in industrial and scientific contexts.
- Is 4-HO-DiPT legal in Sweden?
- No, Sweden classifies 4-HO-DiPT as a “health hazard” under the Act on the Prohibition of Certain Goods Dangerous to Health. It is illegal to sell or possess this substance in Sweden.
- What is the legal status of 4-HO-DiPT in the United States?
- At the federal level in the United States, 4-HO-DiPT is not scheduled. However, it may be considered an analog of 5-MeO-DiPT, potentially leading to legal consequences under the Federal Analog Act.
- Is 4-HO-DiPT legal in Florida, USA?
- In Florida, “4-Hydroxy-N, N-diisopropyltryptamine” is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance, making it illegal to buy, sell, or possess within the state.
- What are the effects of 4-HO-DiPT?
- 4-HO-DiPT’s effects are comparable to other serotonergic psychedelics like LSD and psilocin. It is known for its relatively brief duration and the potential to induce unique products, such as tremors.
- Is 4-HO-DiPT safe to use?
- The safety of 4-HO-DiPT is not well-documented, and its effects on the human body and mind are still being studied. As with all psychedelics, it is essential to exercise caution, follow harm-reduction practices, and use it in a safe and controlled environment.
- Can 4-HO-DiPT be used for therapeutic purposes?
- There is limited research on the therapeutic potential of 4-HO-DiPT. Any potential therapeutic use should be conducted under the guidance of a qualified healthcare professional and in a controlled clinical setting.
- Where can I obtain 4-HO-DiPT?
- The availability of 4-HO-DiPT may vary, and its sale may be subject to legal restrictions in many regions. Obtaining it from unverified sources can be risky, as the quality and purity of the substance may not be guaranteed. Exercise caution and seek reputable sources if you are considering acquiring it.
- For dosage information regarding 4-HO-DiPT, you can refer to the “Erowid 4-HO-DiPT Vault.” (www.erowid.org. Retrieved 8 April 2023).
- Alexander Shulgin and Ann Shulgin authored “TiHKAL: The Continuation,” a comprehensive resource on psychedelic compounds. (Published in September 1997, Berkeley, California: Transform Press. ISBN 0-9630096-9-9. OCLC 38503252).
- Detailed information on 4-HO-DIPT can be found on Erowid.
- The entry for 4-HO-DIPT can also be found in “Tihkal.”
- A study conducted by Rickli A, Moning OD, Hoener MC, and Liechti ME explored the receptor interaction profiles of novel psychoactive tryptamines compared to classic hallucinogens. (Published in August 2016 in “European Neuropsychopharmacology,” Volume 26, Issue 8, Pages 1327–1337. DOI: 10.1016/j.euroneuro.2016.05.001. PMID 27216487. S2CID 6685927).
- Field Trip announced the initiation of Phase I clinical study dosings for FT-104 on July 21, 2022.
- An in-depth look into Field Trip’s next-generation psychedelic, FT-104, was provided on August 11, 2022.
- To access international and national patent collections, you can utilize the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) search tool.
- Information on regulations related to 4-HO-DiPT can be found in “Valtioneuvoston asetus kuluttajamarkkinoilta… 1130/2014” on FINLEX.
- For legal references and regulations in Sweden, the “Svensk författningssamling” (Swedish Code of Statutes) is a valuable resource.
- In the United States, the scheduling of substances is outlined in “21 CFR — SCHEDULES OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES §1308.11 Schedule I.”
- Legal statutes regarding 4-HO-DiPT in Florida can be explored through “Statutes & Constitution: View Statutes: Online Sunshine.”