Deoxymethoxetamine, also known as 3′-methyl-2-oxo-PCE, DMXE, or 3D-MXE, is a synthetic designer drug classified within the arylcyclohexylamine family, known for its dissociative effects. This substance is a derivative of methoxetamine, with the 3-methoxy group being substituted by a methyl group. It became available for online purchase approximately in October 2020, and a forensic laboratory in Denmark conclusively confirmed its presence in February 2021.
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||231.339 g·mol−1|
1. What is Deoxymethoxetamine (DMXE)?
- Deoxymethoxetamine, often abbreviated as DMXE, is a synthetic designer drug belonging to the arylcyclohexylamine class. It is known for its dissociative effects and is derived from methoxetamine with the substitution of the 3-methoxy group with a methyl group.
2. How is DMXE typically used?
- DMXE is commonly used recreationally. It can be ingested orally, inhaled, or insufflated (snorted). The method of use can vary among individuals.
3. What are the effects of DMXE?
- The effects of DMXE are similar to other dissociative substances and may include altered perception, dissociation, and a sense of detachment from reality.
4. Is DMXE legal?
- The legal status of DMXE may vary by country and region. Users should be aware of the laws in their specific area regarding the possession and use of this substance.
5. Is DMXE safe to use?
- The safety of using DMXE is a matter of concern, as its long-term effects and potential risks are not well-documented. Like many designer drugs, there can be health risks associated with use, including unknown purity and possible adverse reactions.
6. What are the risks and side effects of using DMXE?
- Common side effects may include nausea, disorientation, hallucinations, and impaired motor skills. Overdosing can lead to more severe symptoms, such as anxiety, confusion, and potentially life-threatening conditions.
7. Can DMXE be addictive?
- There is a potential for psychological dependence with repeated use, but it is not considered highly physically addictive like some other substances.
8. How can I reduce the risks associated with DMXE use?
- If you choose to use DMXE, it’s essential to start with a low dose, be in a safe environment, and have someone you trust present. Avoid mixing it with other substances and be aware of its potential adverse effects.
9. Is there a safe or recommended dosage for DMXE?
- The dosage can vary based on an individual’s tolerance and experience. It’s crucial to begin with a low dose and monitor how your body reacts before considering more.
10. Where can I find help or support for DMXE-related issues?
- If you or someone you know is struggling with substance use or addiction, it’s essential to seek professional help. Reach out to addiction treatment centers or healthcare providers for guidance and support.
11. Can DMXE be used for any medical purposes?
- DMXE is not approved for medical use and should not be considered a substitute for prescribed medications or treatments.
Please note that the information provided here is for informational purposes only, and the use of designer drugs like DMXE carries risks and legal implications. Always prioritize your health and safety, and be aware of the laws in your area.
- An alert was issued by the NDEWS Web Monitoring team regarding a surge in Reddit discussions surrounding DMXE during the period of October 2020 to March 2021. This information was reported by the National Drug Early Warning System, an initiative based at the University of Florida, and funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, under reference number 28. The alert was published on March 26, 2021.
- Skinnider M, Wang F, Pasin D, Greiner R, Foster L, Dalsgaard P, and Wishart DS unveiled a groundbreaking development in the field of psychoactive substance analysis. They introduced a deep generative model that enables automated structure elucidation of novel psychoactive substances. This research was made available through ChemRxiv, located in Cambridge, under the Cambridge Open Engage platform.