2CBCB-NBOMe (also known as NBOMe-TCB-2) is a compound indirectly derived from the phenethylamine family of hallucinogenic substances. This compound came to light in 2007 during research at Purdue University led by David Nichols, which focused on understanding the precise amino acid residues responsible for binding ligands to the 5HT2A receptor.
Notably, 2CBCB-NBOMe demonstrates powerful and selective agonist effects on both the 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors. It exhibits a Ki value of 0.27 nM at the human 5-HT2A receptor, placing it on par with the potency of other well-known agonists like TCB-2, NBOMe-2C-I, and Bromo-DragonFLY.
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||392.293 g·mol−1|
In the United Kingdom, this substance falls under the Class A drug category, classified as such due to the N-benzyl phenethylamine catch-all clause in the Misuse of Drugs Act of 1971.
As of January 2016, 2CBCB-NBOMe is regulated as a controlled substance in the state of Vermont, United States.
- What is 2CBCB-NBOMe?
- 2CBCB-NBOMe, also known as NBOMe-TCB-2, is a compound that belongs to the phenethylamine family of hallucinogenic substances.
- How Was 2CBCB-NBOMe Discovered?
- This compound was discovered in 2007 during research at Purdue University as part of a program led by David Nichols, which aimed to understand the specific amino acid residues responsible for binding ligands to the 5HT2A receptor.
- What Are the Effects of 2CBCB-NBOMe?
- 2CBCB-NBOMe acts as a potent and selective agonist for the 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors. Its effects can include altered perception, hallucinations, and changes in consciousness.
- How Does 2CBCB-NBOMe Compare to Other Agonists?
- 2CBCB-NBOMe exhibits a similar potency to other agonists like TCB-2, NBOMe-2C-I, and Bromo-DragonFLY.
- Is 2CBCB-NBOMe Legal?
- The legal status of 2CBCB-NBOMe varies by country and even by state or jurisdiction within countries. It is essential to be aware of the laws and regulations in your specific area.
- Is 2CBCB-NBOMe Safe to Use?
- The safety of 2CBCB-NBOMe is not well-established, and its use may carry risks, including adverse psychological effects. Caution should be exercised, and potential health risks considered.
- Can 2CBCB-NBOMe Be Combined with Other Substances?
- Combining 2CBCB-NBOMe with other substances, such as alcohol or prescription medications, can be hazardous and unpredictable. Such combinations should be avoided.
- Is 2CBCB-NBOMe Used for Any Therapeutic Purposes?
- 2CBCB-NBOMe is primarily recognized for its recreational and psychedelic effects, and there is limited research on any potential therapeutic applications.
- Where Can I Find More Information on 2CBCB-NBOMe?
- To learn more about 2CBCB-NBOMe, you can explore scientific literature, online forums, and educational resources. However, always prioritize safety and be aware of the legal status in your area before considering its use.
- Braden MR (2007). “Unveiling the Biophysical Mechanisms of Hallucinogen Actions” (Ph.D. thesis). Pursued at Purdue University. Document ID on ProQuest: 304838368.
- “Discover N-(2C-B)-Fentanyl” | Accessible via PiHKAL · info on isomerdesign.com.
- “Investigate N-(2C-FLY)-Fentanyl” | Accessible via PiHKAL · info on isomerdesign.com.
- Glennon, Richard A.; Bondarev, Mikhail L.; Khorana, Nantaka; Young, Richard; May, Jesse A.; Hellberg, Mark R.; McLaughlin, Marsha A.; Sharif, Najam A. (November 2004). “Exploring β-Oxygenated Analogues of the 5-HT2A Serotonin Receptor Agonist 1-(4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane” in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Volume 47, Issue 24, Pages 6034–6041. doi:10.1021/jm040082s. ISSN 0022-2623. PMID 15537358.
- “Utilizing Beta-Hydroxyphenylalkylamines for Glaucoma Treatment.”
- “The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Ketamine etc.) (Amendment) Order 2014” – Available at www.legislation.gov.uk.
- “Vermont Department of Health’s Regulated Drugs Rule” (PDF) – Retrieved on October 14, 2015.