25B-NBF, also known as 2C-B-NBF or NBF-2C-B, represents a derivative of the phenethylamine hallucinogen 2C-B. This compound functions as an exceptionally potent partial agonist for the human 5-HT2A receptor.
The Riksdag included 25B-NBF in the Narcotic Drugs Punishments Act, categorizing it under Swedish Schedule I, which encompasses “substances, plant materials, and fungi with no recognized medical utility.” This took effect on January 26, 2016, as outlined in the regulation HSLF-FS 2015:35 by the Medical Products Agency (MPA), where it is specifically listed as 25B-NBF and 2-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-(2-fluorobenzyl)ethanamine.
In the United Kingdom, this substance is classified as a Class A drug due to its inclusion in the N-benzyl phenethylamine catch-all clause in the Misuse of Drugs Act of 1971.
- What is 25B-NBF? 25B-NBF, also known as 2C-B-NBF or NBF-2C-B, is a derivative of the phenethylamine hallucinogen 2C-B.
- What Are the Effects of 25B-NBF? 25B-NBF acts as a highly potent partial agonist for the human 5-HT2A receptor, which can induce hallucinogenic effects, altered perception, and changes in consciousness.
- Is 25B-NBF Legal in Sweden? No, 25B-NBF is classified as a controlled substance in Sweden and is listed under Schedule I, which includes substances with no recognized medical utility.
- Is 25B-NBF Legal in the United Kingdom? No, in the United Kingdom, 25B-NBF is considered a Class A drug, and it is controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
- What Are the Potential Risks of Using 25B-NBF? The use of 25B-NBF may carry risks, including hallucinations and psychological effects. It’s essential to use this substance with caution and be aware of potential side effects.
- Is 25B-NBF Used for Any Therapeutic Purposes? There is no recognized therapeutic use for 25B-NBF, and it is primarily known for its recreational and hallucinogenic effects.
- Where Can I Find More Information on 25B-NBF? You can refer to scientific literature, online resources, and forums for additional information about 25B-NBF. However, always prioritize safety and be aware of the legal status in your area before considering its use.
- Hansen M, Phonekeo K, Paine JS, Leth-Petersen S, Begtrup M, Bräuner-Osborne H, Kristensen JL (March 2014). “Elucidating the Synthesis and Structure-Activity Relationships of N-Benzyl Phenethylamines as 5-HT2A/2C Agonists” in ACS Chemical Neuroscience, Volume 5, Issue 3, Pages 243–249. doi:10.1021/cn400216u. PMC 3963123. PMID 24397362.
- Hansen M (2010-12-16). “Innovative Design and Synthesis of Selective Serotonin Receptor Agonists for Positron Emission Tomography Imaging of the Brain” (Ph.D. thesis) pursued at the University of Copenhagen. doi:10.13140/RG.2.2.33671.14245.
- “Data” (PDF) – Accessible at lakemedelsverket.se, 2015.
- “The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Ketamine etc.) (Amendment) Order 2014” – Available on www.legislation.gov.uk.
- “Explore N-(2C-B)-Fentanyl” | Accessible via PiHKAL · info on isomerdesign.com.
- “Explore N-(2C-FLY)-Fentanyl” | Accessible via PiHKAL · info on isomerdesign.com.
- Glennon, Richard A.; Bondarev, Mikhail L.; Khorana, Nantaka; Young, Richard; May, Jesse A.; Hellberg, Mark R.; McLaughlin, Marsha A.; Sharif, Najam A. (November 2004). “Exploring β-Oxygenated Analogues of the 5-HT2A Serotonin Receptor Agonist 1-(4-Bromo-2,5-Dimethoxyphenyl)-2-Aminopropane” in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Volume 47, Issue 24, Pages 6034–6041. doi:10.1021/jm040082s. ISSN 0022-2623. PMID 15537358.
- “Beta-Hydroxyphenylalkylamines and Their Potential Use for Treating Glaucoma.”