- 1 Summary
- 2 Legal Status
- 3 FAQ
- 3.1 1. What is 4′-Methoxy-α-pyrrolidinopentiophenone (4-MeO-α-PVP)?
- 3.2 2. How is 4-MeO-α-PVP used?
- 3.3 3. What are the effects of 4-MeO-α-PVP?
- 3.4 4. Is 4-MeO-α-PVP legal?
- 3.5 5. Are there any health risks associated with 4-MeO-α-PVP?
- 3.6 6. Can 4-MeO-α-PVP be detected in drug tests?
- 3.7 7. Is it safe to use 4-MeO-α-PVP?
- 3.8 8. Can 4-MeO-α-PVP be addictive?
- 3.9 9. What should I do if I or someone I know is struggling with substance abuse related to 4-MeO-α-PVP?
- 4 References
4′-Methoxy-α-pyrrolidinopentiophenone also referred to as O-2417, 4-MeO-α-PVP, and MOPVP, is a member of the cathinone class of stimulant drugs. This compound has been made available online and categorized as a designer drug.
|CAS Number||14979-97-6 HCl: 5537-19-9|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||261.365 g·mol−1|
Since October 2015, China has classified 4-MeO-α-PVP as a controlled substance.
|Legal status||CA: Schedule I DE: NpSG (Industrial and scientific use only) UK: Class B Illegal in China|
1. What is 4′-Methoxy-α-pyrrolidinopentiophenone (4-MeO-α-PVP)?
4′-Methoxy-α-pyrrolidinopentiophenone, or 4-MeO-α-PVP or MOPVP, is a synthetic stimulant drug in the cathinone class. It has been sold online as a designer drug.
2. How is 4-MeO-α-PVP used?
4-MeO-α-PVP is typically used by individuals seeking its stimulant effects. It may be ingested, inhaled, or taken through other routes of administration.
3. What are the effects of 4-MeO-α-PVP?
The effects of 4-MeO-α-PVP are similar to those of other stimulant drugs and may include increased alertness, energy, and euphoria. However, it can also have adverse effects such as anxiety, insomnia, and increased heart rate.
4. Is 4-MeO-α-PVP legal?
The legal status of 4-MeO-α-PVP varies by country and region. In some places, it is considered a controlled substance, meaning its production, sale, and possession are prohibited.
5. Are there any health risks associated with 4-MeO-α-PVP?
Yes, like many designer drugs, 4-MeO-α-PVP poses health risks. It can lead to adverse effects such as addiction, cardiovascular problems, anxiety disorders, and other physical and psychological health issues.
6. Can 4-MeO-α-PVP be detected in drug tests?
4-MeO-α-PVP may not be included in standard drug tests, but specialized tests can detect its presence in the body.
7. Is it safe to use 4-MeO-α-PVP?
The safety of using 4-MeO-α-PVP is not well-established and carries potential risks. It is not recommended for use, especially without proper medical supervision.
8. Can 4-MeO-α-PVP be addictive?
Yes, like many stimulant drugs, 4-MeO-α-PVP has the potential for addiction. Repeated use can lead to physical and psychological dependence.
If you or someone you know is dealing with substance abuse issues, it’s essential to seek help from a healthcare professional or a substance abuse treatment centre. They can provide guidance and support for recovery.
Please note that using 4-MeO-α-PVP and other designer drugs can be dangerous and not recommended. Always prioritize your health and well-being, and seek help if needed.
- “4-methoxy-α-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone”. Cayman Chemical. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- Research conducted in February 2006 highlighted the potential of analogues of 4-methoxy-α-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone (commonly known as 4-MeO-α-PVP or MOPVP) as monoamine uptake inhibitors. These compounds showed promise in the field of medicinal chemistry and neuropharmacology.
- A patent (US 2008234498) issued on 25 September 2008 recognized the analogues of Pyrovalerone, including 4-methoxy-α-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone, and their potential therapeutic uses. This patent demonstrates the interest in exploring the pharmacological properties of such compounds.
- In January 2014, researchers identified 4-methoxy-α-PVP as one of the designer drugs present in illegal products. This discovery underscored the prevalence of this compound in the illicit drug market, raising concerns about its safety and effects.
- Investigations in August 2015 involved in silico prediction, metabolic stability assessment, and metabolite identification of 4-Methoxy-α-PVP. The study utilized human hepatocyte incubation and high-resolution mass spectrometry to gain insights into the compound’s metabolic pathways and stability.
- In China, regulatory measures regarding non-medicinal narcotics and psychotropic substances, including 4-methoxy-α-PVP, were introduced by the China Food and Drug Administration on 27 September 2015. These measures aimed to control and manage the distribution and use of such substances.