5-MeO-EiPT belongs to the tryptamine class of psychedelics and has been distributed online as a designer drug.
|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)||DTXSID70704548|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||260.381 g·mol−1|
As of the provided information, 5-MeO-EiPT is prohibited in Japan, Italy, and was recommended for classification as a hazardous substance by Sweden’s public health agency on May 15, 2019.
- What is 5-MeO-EiPT?
- 5-MeO-EiPT is a psychedelic compound belonging to the tryptamine class. It has been marketed and sold as a designer drug in some regions.
- Is 5-MeO-EiPT legal in my country?
- The legal status of 5-MeO-EiPT varies from one country to another. It is important to check your local laws and regulations to determine if it is legal in your area.
- What are the effects of 5-MeO-EiPT?
- While the specific effects can vary among individuals, 5-MeO-EiPT is generally known to produce psychedelic effects. These may include altered perception, sensory enhancements, and changes in thought patterns.
- How is 5-MeO-EiPT typically consumed?
- 5-MeO-EiPT is often ingested orally, although routes of administration can vary. It’s essential to be cautious when using such substances and to adhere to safe dosing guidelines.
- Are there any risks associated with 5-MeO-EiPT use?
- As with many psychoactive substances, there are risks involved in using 5-MeO-EiPT, including potential health risks and legal consequences. Using this substance irresponsibly or in excessive amounts may lead to adverse effects.
- Is 5-MeO-EiPT considered a controlled substance?
- In some countries, 5-MeO-EiPT is considered a controlled substance and is illegal to possess or distribute. The legal status can change over time, so it’s crucial to stay updated on your local laws.
- What should I do if I have questions about 5-MeO-EiPT or its legal status?
- If you have questions or concerns about 5-MeO-EiPT, it’s a good idea to consult with legal authorities, medical professionals, or substance abuse counsellors who can provide guidance and information based on your specific circumstances.
- Is 5-MeO-EiPT safe to use?
- The safety of 5-MeO-EiPT needs to be well-documented, and its purity can vary when obtained from unofficial sources. As with any psychoactive substance, there are inherent risks involved. If you choose to use it, it is essential to approach it with caution and in a responsible manner.
- Can 5-MeO-EiPT be used for therapeutic purposes?
- There needs to be more scientific research on the potential therapeutic applications of 5-MeO-EiPT. Any potential therapeutic use should be explored in consultation with qualified healthcare professionals.
- Is 5-MeO-EiPT related to other substances?
- 5-MeO-EiPT is a derivative of tryptamine, a class of compounds that includes other substances like DMT and psilocybin. While they share some structural similarities, their effects and potencies can differ significantly.
- “5-MeO-EiPT.” Cayman Chemical. Accessed on July 21, 2015.
- Nakazono Y, Tsujikawa K, Kuwayama K, Kanamori T, Iwata YT, Miyamoto K, Kasuya F, Inoue H (January 2014). “Simultaneous determination of tryptamine analogues in designer drugs using gas chromatography–mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry.” Forensic Toxicology. 32 (1): 154–161. doi:10.1007/s11419-013-0208-3.
- “指定薬物名称・構造式一覧（平成27年9月16日現在）” (PDF) (in Japanese). 厚生労働省. September 16, 2015.
- “Tabella 1 Sostanze Stupefacenti” (PDF) (in Italian). Governo Italiano. March 2017.
- “Folkhälsomyndigheten föreslår att 20 ämnen klassas som narkotika eller hälsofarlig vara” (in Swedish). Folkhälsomyndigheten. May 15, 2019. Archived from the original on October 20, 2021.