The growing availability of FUB-APINACA for sale from online research chemical sellers has raised severe concerns within the scientific community and among individuals interested in obtaining designer drugs for research purposes. While online accessibility of these compounds may seem advantageous for scientific investigation, the lack of regulation and oversight in this emerging market presents significant risks and ethical dilemmas.
One of the foremost concerns is the ease with which individuals can buy FUB-APINACA and similar research chemicals online. Numerous online vendors claim to sell these substances, often needing more verification of the buyer’s credentials or the intended research objectives. This lax oversight increases the risk of these compounds falling into the hands of individuals with no legitimate research intentions, potentially leading to misuse and harm.
Furthermore, the quality and purity of FUB-APINACA products from various online sellers can vary greatly. Without standardized quality control measures, researchers may encounter inconsistent and unreliable results in their experiments, undermining the scientific process and potentially leading to erroneous conclusions.
The legal aspects surrounding FUB-APINACA and similar research chemicals are also a significant source of concern. Regulatory frameworks for these substances often need more clarity, and their legality can vary from one jurisdiction to another. This legal ambiguity places researchers at risk of unintentional legal violations, which could result in serious legal consequences.
In addition, the limited availability of comprehensive information and data on FUB-APINACA’s pharmacology and potential risks makes responsible use in scientific investigations challenging. More robust research is needed to make well-informed decisions about the substances they study.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Pharmacology
- 3 Legal status
- 4 FAQ
- 4.1 1. What is FUB-APINACA?
- 4.2 2. What is the purpose of FUB-APINACA?
- 4.3 3. Is FUB-APINACA legal?
- 4.4 4. Where can I get FUB-APINACA?
- 4.5 5. Is FUB-APINACA safe to use?
- 4.6 6. What are the potential effects of FUB-APINACA?
- 4.7 7. Are there any risks associated with FUB-APINACA research?
- 4.8 8. Can FUB-APINACA be used recreationally?
- 5 References
FUB-APINACA, also recognized as A-FUBINACA by the EMCCDA’s nomenclature for synthetic cannabinoids and sometimes referred to as FUB-AKB48, belongs to the category of indazole-based synthetic cannabinoids. It is believed to possess potent agonistic properties towards the CB1 receptor and has been marketed online as a designer drug. This compound is structurally related to APINACA and 5F-APINACA, differing in that the pentyl chain has been substituted with fluorobenzyl.
|show IUPAC name|
|Chemical and physical data|
FUB-APINACA functions as a full agonist, exhibiting a high binding affinity of 1.06 nM at CB1 cannabinoid receptors and 0.174 nM at CB2 cannabinoid receptors.
In the United States, FUB-APINACA was initially placed under temporary emergency scheduling by the DEA in 2019. Subsequently, on April 7, 2022, it was permanently categorized as a Schedule I Controlled Substance nationwide. Before this nationwide classification, it was already prohibited in Alabama under the designation FUB-AKB48.
In Sweden, the country’s public health agency recommended classifying FUB-APINACA as a hazardous substance on November 10, 2014.
|Legal status||CA: Schedule IIDE: NpSG (Industrial and scientific use only) UK: Class BUS: Schedule I|
1. What is FUB-APINACA?
FUB-APINACA is a synthetic cannabinoid compound. It is often referred to as a research chemical and is structurally related to cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant.
2. What is the purpose of FUB-APINACA?
FUB-APINACA is primarily used for scientific research and not for human consumption. Researchers and institutions often purchase it to study its pharmacological properties and potential effects.
3. Is FUB-APINACA legal?
The legal status of FUB-APINACA varies from country to country and even within regions. Researching and understanding the specific regulations and laws in your jurisdiction regarding this compound is essential before acquiring it.
4. Where can I get FUB-APINACA?
FUB-APINACA can be purchased from online research chemical vendors. However, it’s crucial to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy and reputation of the vendor. Ensure that you comply with local laws when purchasing.
5. Is FUB-APINACA safe to use?
FUB-APINACA should only be handled by experienced researchers in a controlled laboratory setting. It is not intended for human consumption, and its safety profile is largely unknown. Proper safety precautions, such as wearing protective gear, should be observed when working with this compound.
6. What are the potential effects of FUB-APINACA?
FUB-APINACA is a synthetic cannabinoid whose effects can vary significantly depending on the dose and individual sensitivity. Researchers may study its interactions with cannabinoid receptors, but it is known to be much more potent than natural cannabinoids and can lead to severe adverse effects.
7. Are there any risks associated with FUB-APINACA research?
Yes, there are risks associated with handling FUB-APINACA. It is a potent compound, and accidental exposure can lead to adverse health effects. Researchers should be well-informed about safety protocols and should have access to appropriate safety equipment and facilities.
8. Can FUB-APINACA be used recreationally?
No, FUB-APINACA is not intended for recreational use. It is a research chemical meant solely for scientific purposes. Using it for recreational purposes can be extremely dangerous and is strongly discouraged.
- Pulver B, Fischmann S, Gallegos A, Christie R. EMCDDA framework and practical guidance for naming synthetic cannabinoids. Drug Test Anal. 2023;15(3): 255‐276. doi:10.1002/dta.3403
- “FUB-AKB48”. Cayman Chemical. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- “FUB-AKB48”. Cayman Chemical. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- Hess C, Schoeder CT, Pillaiyar T, Madea B, Müller CE (2016). “Pharmacological evaluation of synthetic cannabinoids identified as constituents of spice”. Forensic Toxicology. 34 (2): 329–343. doi:10.1007/s11419-016-0320-2. PMC 4929166. PMID 27429655.
- “Schedules of Controlled Substances: Placement of 5F-EDMB-PINACA, 5FMDMB-PICA, FUB-AKB48, 5F-CUMYLPINACA, and FUB-144 in Schedule I” (PDF). Federal Register. 87 (67). 7 April 2022.
- “Cannabinoider föreslås bli klassade som hälsofarlig vara”. Folkhälsomyndigheten. Retrieved 23 July 2015.