Putylone, alternatively referred to as β-keto-1,3-benzodioxolyl-N-propyldioxybutanamine, bk-PBDB, and N-propylbutylone, emerged on the scene in 2023. This stimulant and empathogenic compound came into the spotlight, notably around the time when a ban was imposed on its related combination, eutylone.
|CAS Number||802855-66-9 HCl: 802286-81-3|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||249.310 g·mol−1|
The legal status of butylene remains unaddressed by any official agency or government. However, it is probable that butylene is regarded as illegal in regions with existing bans on analogous substances or psychoactive compounds, including countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.
- What is Putylone?
- Putylone, also known as β-keto-1,3-benzodioxolyl-N-propyldioxybutanamine, bk-PBDB, and N-propylbutylone, is a chemical compound known for its stimulant and empathogenic effects.
- When was Putylone detected?
- Putylone was first detected in 2023.
- Is Putylone legal?
- The specific legal status of Putylone varies by region and has not been officially addressed by any government agency. However, it is likely considered illegal in jurisdictions where bans on similar analogs or psychoactive substances are in place.
- Where might Putylone be illegal?
- Putylone is likely considered illegal in countries and regions with existing bans on analogous substances or psychoactive compounds. This includes locations such as the United States, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.
- What are the effects of Putylone?
- Putylone is known for its stimulant and empathogenic effects. These effects may include increased alertness, enhanced mood, and heightened empathy.
- Is Putylone safe to use?
- The safety of using Putylone needs to be well-documented, and its unregulated nature can pose risks. As with any psychoactive substance, responsible use and informed decision-making are crucial. Additionally, it is essential to be aware of legal implications in your region.
- Is Putylone similar to other compounds like eutylone?
- Putylone is related to eutylone and shares some similarities in structure and effects. However, the specific properties and legal status of each compound may differ.
- Where can I find more information about Putylone?
- For detailed information about Putylone, it is advisable to refer to scientific research, official government sources, and relevant publications. Always prioritize reliable and authoritative sources when seeking information about such substances.
- Dixon DI, Millea MF, Wilcock AT, Costello A, Ellison JR, Lord S, O’Brian KA, Mewis RE, Sutcliffe OB (September 2023). “Synthesis, characterisation and quantification of the new psychoactive substance 1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-(propylamino)butan-1-one (bk-PBDB, putylone)”. Forensic Chemistry. 35: 100523. doi:10.1016/j.forc.2023.100523. ISSN2468-1709. S2CID260833005.