4-Acetoxy-DiPT, also known as ipracetin or 4-acetoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine, is a synthetic psychedelic tryptamine. This compound is relatively rare and has a limited history of human consumption.
|3D model (JSmol)||Interactive image|
Drug prohibition laws
4-AcO-DiPT has been included in the roster of controlled substances under Schedule B.
In Japan, 4-Acetoxy-DiPT is classified as a controlled substance.
The Ministry of Health within the Swedish Parliament, known as Sveriges riksdag’s health ministry, has labeled 4-AcO-DiPT as a “health hazard.” This classification took effect on March 1, 2005, under the Act on the Prohibition of Certain Goods Dangerous to Health (Lagen om förbud mot vissa hälsofarliga varor). It is listed as 4-acetoxy-N, N-diisopropyltryptamin (4-AcO-DIPT), rendering it illegal to sell or possess.
In the United States, 4-Acetoxy-DiPT is not categorized as a scheduled substance. However, due to its similarities to other scheduled tryptamines like psilocin and DiPT, possessing it may lead to prosecution under the Federal Analog Act.
- What is 4-Acetoxy-DiPT?
- 4-Acetoxy-DiPT, or ipracetin, is a synthetic psychedelic compound in the tryptamine class.
- What are the effects of 4-Acetoxy-DiPT?
- 4-Acetoxy-DiPT induces psychedelic effects, including alterations in perception, mood, and sensory experiences. However, these effects can vary widely among individuals.
- Is 4-Acetoxy-DiPT legal?
- The legal status of 4-Acetoxy-DiPT differs from country to country. It is considered a controlled substance in some nations, while it may be unscheduled or unregulated in others. Always check your local laws before considering its use.
- What are the potential risks associated with 4-Acetoxy-DiPT?
- The safety profile of 4-Acetoxy-DiPT is not well-documented, and its long-term effects are largely unknown. As with any psychedelic substance, there is a risk of adverse psychological reactions, so caution and responsible use are crucial.
- Can 4-Acetoxy-DiPT be used for therapeutic purposes?
- Research on the therapeutic potential of 4-Acetoxy-DiPT is limited. Consultation with a qualified healthcare professional is essential if considering its use for therapeutic reasons.
- How should one dose of 4-Acetoxy-DiPT?
- Dosage guidelines may vary, but typical dosages for 4-Acetoxy-DiPT range from 10 to 20 milligrams. It’s crucial to start with a low dose and exercise caution, as individual sensitivity can differ.
- What precautions should I take when using 4-Acetoxy-DiPT?
- Ensure you are in a safe and supportive environment with trusted individuals when using any psychedelic substance. Stay hydrated, be aware of your surroundings, and have a sober person available to assist if needed.
- Where can I find more information about 4-Acetoxy-DiPT?
- Seek information from reputable sources, including scientific literature on harm reduction organizations, or consult with medical professionals for guidance. Prioritize safety, education, and responsible use.
- “The List of Controlled Substances – retsinformation.dk.” (Danish Regulation)
- “指定薬物一覧｜厚生労働省” (List of Designated Drugs – Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan). Retrieved on December 23, 2011.
- “Svensk författningssamling” (Swedish Legislation) – On February 3, 2005. This regulation, available in PDF format, is archived at www.notisum.se and was originally retrieved on March 24, 2020.